Monday, February 17, 2020

The choice of Genre

Choosing our Genre: So my group and I have decided to make our film opening a drama. We know its very vague but I'm sure we will give our idea a bigger identity once we decide completely on the story and what we want to do. We've all been really thinking deeply about what kind of story we really want to focus on but the only person really spitballing ideas at the moment is Ryan. We obviously can come up with something interesting together since both our past projects have been intuitive and in my opinion the most interesting in the class. Next I decided to do some research on the Drama genre and I just decided to study two of my personal favorite films, the first one being Twelve Angry Men I would really enjoy to do something that's more psychological and more character grounded like this film for our opening. But admittedly this is probably going to be a much harder one to make compared to world building or plot relation. But I know my group won't wanna just do a cop out basic idea so well see what we come up with. Also what really could be interesting is if out entire opening was in one room much like this film. We would have to heavily condense the characters, because due to obvious reasons were not masterful filmmakers with the ability to introduce 12 characters and give some backstory for all in two minutes The second film I decided to study is a more modern masterpiece in my opinion, an opinion that I believe is shared by most, Birdman: or the unexpected virtue of ignorance. What a perfect title. Anyways the reason I also wanted to study this film for the fact that it also relates completely as a character drama. In my opinion this both Michael Keatons best work and IƱaritus best work. I would like to explore arrogance and maybe an inflated ego in our film opening but again this has to be said in the group for approval. Overall I would love to explore the character conflict more that any outside world conflict. Id love to at least pay homage to some of my favorite films but also make it our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment