Sunday, April 12, 2020

A reflection

So we finally finished our project, even though we had to change the idea not once but twice. It was really an infuriating process but overall I really enjoyed this experience and it gave me just a taste of what pursuing a career about film would be like. I am still in love with our first idea if I’m being honest, I wish we could still make it but it’s far too late now. In the beginning when we had our first brain storming session, it was amazing, everyone was talking about their favorite films and what we could use from those films to inspire us to make our opening. Obviously Birdman has been stated countless times because our opening really related to that film highly. It wasn’t all easy though, we had many arguments regarding how it should be filmed and what the actual story should be, but I’d do it all over again, after all that’s the creative process. At one point I’m sure it became an obsession to them as it was for me. We actually had a discussion regarding the idea of trying to make it into a short film during the summer as a little side personal project, so hopefully one day you’ll see it. Anyway our actual project didn’t have nearly as much passion poured in but it still well made and we’re proud of it. I really would like to thank my entire group, Nick, Ryan, and Edward for their hard work and genius ideas that really helped us all spitball ideas and let’s our minds race around together. I just wish Edward would stop talking about David Lynch and that monkey. Obviously due to the virus epidemic that’s taken over the world at the moment, filming became a complication, we couldn’t be together while filming so creativity was in fact dulled our quite a bit, I can guarantee if we filmed together the opening would be ten times better but as states before we are still proud of it. Overall I’m greatly appreciate of the opportunity to work on this project with such free will and more projects are to come.https://drive.google.com/file/d/194EuEeWpBgOihGjDIE32NBFSaeqMAct0/view?usp=sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment